Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet Bob...


This is Bob the Bronze, my final intern project.  My very last day of my internship the managing director of my department walked into my cube about 30 minutes after I got to work and said "So are you taking the gold medal home?"  At that point I was super confused, which I am sure I conveyed to her by the look on my face.  She asked me if her assistant, my cube neighbor, had asked me about taking Lindsay Vonn's medal to US Ski and Snowboard (USSA) in Park City.  She had not asked me about that, but of course I would be happy to do that...  I had to drive right by Park City anyway, right?

She then told me that I had to sign the chain of custody paper and then not let the medal out of my possession until I dropped it of at USSA.  That was somewhat problematic it being my last night in Colorado Springs with my friends.  I drove home Saturday without incident, thank goodness!  First thing Monday morning Bob was dropped off at USSA, the VP of Athletics signed the chain of custody and my mission was complete!  I felt like my internship was complete with this project, and I was very honored that my department felt I was trustworthy enough to take on this "mission"...

Here are a few more pictures of Bob for good measure:




I cannot wait to get back to the USOC one day, hopefully sooner rather than later...  For now, I am going to go back to posting on my "normal" blog: haleyelizabethsmith.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment