Tuesday, June 15, 2010

5K Crazy

I don't know what it is about living at an Olympic Training Center, but it makes you want to work out all day everyday!  That is what I have been doing :)  After work we usually head home, change, and go straight to the weight room.  On Tuesdays, we take our workout clothes to work and do the Jack Quinn's 5K.  If you run this 10 times you get a t-shirt.  Let's be serious, I am not a runner.  Before last week, I had only run the distance of a 5k once before (Salt Lake Marathon 5K which I finished in about 46 minutes).  Last week, I beat my Salt Lake Marathon time and came in around 43 minutes.  This week, I came in at 40 minutes, which still isn't the greatest time in the world, but it's pretty good for a non-runner :)  There are 11 Tuesdays left of my time here in Colorado Springs, so by the end of the summer I will have run 55K or 34.1 miles, on Tuesdays alone!  If I am not in better shape when I leave this place, something is wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment