Thursday, June 24, 2010

Round 2 with the Mountain of Death...

Remember this post about the Incline?  That day I only made it half way to the top of that beast.  Today I conquered the entire thing!  I hit the half way point today and walked right by it...  I figured out the secret to Incline success, my iPod.  From all my years of skating, I've been trained to step to the beat.  Whether it be a step-cross or step-step while running or climbing the stairs of the Incline, I do it faster and more consistently when there is a quick beat.  That really helped me today, I would climb for a song and the rest for a few seconds to catch my breath and then keep climbing...  Then we ran down the trail back to the car so that we could get back for dinner.  We soon realized that we weren't going to make it even if we ran down the entire thing, so we called our friends and they got us some dinner from the Caf...  We had some yummy quesadilla when we got home!  Now its off to bed for this girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment