Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Movin' on Up

Second day on the internship started out well.  This week I am working on some informational interviews to get to know the people in my department better.  It's really been good to get to know everyone and let them get to know me.  Today I had two of these interviews and they both worked out really well.  I learned  a lot about the two people and they got to learn more about me and where I am in my current educational/job search.  The thing I like the most is that the people in my department really want me to get the experience that I need and want to get where I want to go with my career.  I love that!

Today I also worked on organizing the photos that the 2010 Olympians took with President and First Lady Obama.  The photos need to be signed by the President before they go out to the athletes.  I am also working some stuff for the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore in August, the Pan American Games for 2011 and the 2012 Summer Games in London, and the department is planning for 2014 in Russia!  You have to look that far ahead to plan for ALL those athletes, coaches, staff, and extra people.

Anyway, I am loving life in CO Springs so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment